Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 16:26, 3 October 2018 by MordechaiD
- In his quest to facilitate broader knowledge of a topic, the Chida admits that he may have quoted a source in Birkei Yosef that he does not agree with. Hence, one should not assume that any positions presented are representative of the Chida's own position unless he writes explicitly which one is accepted Halacha with a phrase such as "וכן עיקר."
- Once the Chida's works reached Baghdad, his rulings were accepted on par with those of the Rambam and Shulchan Aruch.
- Biographical Sketch on Harav Chaim Joseph David Azulai aka The Chida by Rav Ahron Lopiansky
- Shu"t Chaim She'al vol. 1 Siman 8
- Zivchei Tzedek (110:158, Teshuvot vol. 2 Siman 30), Shu"t Yayin HaTov (vol. 1 Orach Chaim 28) by Rav Yitzchak Nissim