Difference between revisions of "Correcting a Mistaken Bracha"
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Line 10:||Line 10:|
Revision as of 05:28, 2 January 2019
Caught in Middle of a Mistaken Bracha
- If it is caught after the word Baruch Atta just stop and that's fine.
- If it is after Hashem say Lamdeni Chukecha. That isn't a bracha levatala but it isn't something to do initially.
- If it is after Melech Haolam some say that there's a solution to complete the pasuk in Divrei Hayamim. See Safek Brachot LeHakel
- If a bracha is made completely incorrectly one should recite Baruch Shem Kavod.
Quick Corrections: Toch Kedi Dibbur
- If one said the wrong text of the bracha it can be fixed within Toch Kedi Dibbur.
- If one said a correct bracha and finished one shouldn't fix or amend it within a Toch Kedi Dibbur and if one did so it is questionable if one's original bracha or one's emendation is effective.
- Magen Avraham 209:5, Shaarei Teshuva 46:3