Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 04:10, 13 March 2014 by YitzchakSultan
- It’s important to keep a level of modesty all the time even at night.  Therefore, one shouldn’t reveal areas that are usually covered even when getting dressed, unless it’s necessary. 
- One should cover his head before getting dressed because the head is the most important part of the body and we want to show it the proper respect. 
- A talmid chacham should make sure that his clothes are in accordance with his importance and that he should be neat and clean and that his clothing is not torn or stained. 
- One should be careful not to put on two articles of clothing at once. 
- One should not wear his clothing inside-out, as this can also cause one to forget his torah. 
- One should put the right shoe before his left shoe  However, he should tie the left shoelaces before the right ones. 
- One should remove his left shoe before his right shoe. 
- Mishna Brurah 2:1 writes that a standard of modesty is needed at all times since Hashem’s presence fills the entire world always.
- S”A 2:1 writes that one should get dressed while under the blanket and not get up and then get dressed. Mishna Brurah 2:1 writes that this idea applies in general that one shouldn’t reveal the areas usually covered unless it’s necessary. Iggerot Moshe YD 3:47:3 says that if this would cause a person discomfort he wouldn't need to do this.
- Ben Ish Chai Vayishlach Halacha 17
- Rambam Hilchot Deiot 5:9
- Kaf Hachayim 2:6 quoting the Arizal because this can can one to forget to his torah.
- Shulchan Aruch 2:3
- Shulchan Aruch 2:4
- Halacha Berura 2:6
- Shulchan Aruch 2:5.