How to Make New Page
Revision as of 12:40, 19 September 2010 by HachamD (Created page with 'Wiki coding is relatively simple to learn and use, but it's not always so intuitive, and so it would be a good idea to first read some very brief help guides before adding conten…')
Wiki coding is relatively simple to learn and use, but it's not always so intuitive, and so it would be a good idea to first read some very brief help guides before adding content.
Step 1: Create a New Page
- Unlike most websites whereby you create a new page and subsequently connect the new page to the main site via a link, in a wiki you first have to create the link and then the page. When you create the link, it will be to a blank page. Then when you click on this blank page, it will give you the option of adding content to it so that it’s no longer blank.
- Therefore, the first thing to do is decide where your halachik article would belong within our topical categories as displayed on the left sidebar.
- For instance, “The Laws of Shema” would fall within the “Prayer” category.
- Next, you need to create the link. To do this, click the edit tab towards the top of the page. From here you’ll see a large editable text box with all sorts of strange looking coding symbols. Find where you should add you link and surround the title with double brakets
- For instance [[Laws of Shema]] = Laws of Shema
- A red link means that it's an empty page, which you can then click on and add content