Difference between revisions of "Sechar Shabbat"
(Created page with '==Shechar Shabbat== #It’s a rabbinic prohibition to receive wages for work done on Shabbat even if the work isn’t a forbidden Melacha. However if the wages for Shabbat are mi…')
m (Protected "Sechar Shabbat" ([edit=autoconfirmed] (indefinite) [move=autoconfirmed] (indefinite)))
Revision as of 17:21, 6 January 2010
- It’s a rabbinic prohibition to receive wages for work done on Shabbat even if the work isn’t a forbidden Melacha. However if the wages for Shabbat are mixed with other wages, such as a weekly or monthly payment it’s permitted to receive wages for Shabbat. 
- Someone watching children every Shabbat can receive the wages as a gift. 
- A chazzan, bal koreh, or mashgiach who are only working on Shabbat can receive wages, but it’s better that it’s mixed with payment for some work done on a weekday. 
- A doctor can receive wages for a call he did on Shabbat. 
- One can pay (after Shabbat) for going into a mikveh on shabbat, or staying at a hotel on Shabbat. 
- One can pay for a ticket to the zoo before Shabbat for a visit on Shabbat (this is only in terms of wages on Shabbat, but in terms of kedushat Shabbat it’s preferable to sanctify Shabbat with Torah and mitzvoth). 
- One can switch a rotation of a guard or cleaning duty to work on Shabbat instead of a weekday. 
- Interest in a bank accrued on Shabbat is permitted. 
- S”A 306:4, Mishna Brurah 306:16
- Sh”t Bear Moshe 5:103
- Sh”t Yabe Omer O”C 5:25 says that since S”A 585:5 says one won’t see any bracha in the money it implies that it’s not forbidden, however S”A 306:5 forbids this and it seems that S”A retracted. Sh”T Tzitz Eliezer 7:28(7), Sh”T Shevet Hakehati 2:103 say if the chazzan or Rabbi spends time prepares for that Shabbat on the weekday it’s certainly permitted. Sh”t Shaarei Ezra allows a Mohel to accept payment as it’s a dvar mitzvah but preferably he should visit the baby before or after Shabbat so the payment is mixed with permissible payment.
- Sh”t Teshuvot Vehanhagot 1:214, Sh”t Bear Moshe 5:102, Shemirat Shabbat Kehilchata 28:67, Menuchat Ahava 10:28, Kaf Hachaim 306:36.
- Sh”t Nodeh Beyehuda O”C 26, Sh”T Mishnat Halachot 10:65 since the work to prepare the mikveh before Shabbat and cleaning it after Shabbat is enough so that the payment is considered mixed with permitted payment. Concerning the hotel, so rule Sh”t HaElef Lecha Shlomo 125 since it’s payment for the stay mixed with payment for cleaning the room before and after Shabbat.
- Shemirat Shabbat Kehilchata 28:65
- Shemirat Shabbat Kehilchata 28:55 the work he’s doing isn’t for a wage but just to exempt himself from working another day.
- Shabbat Kehilchata 20:8, see Bayit Hayehudi 5:22(11)