Difference between revisions of "Tashbetz"
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Tags: Mobile edit Mobile web edit
|Line 4:||Line 4:|
Latest revision as of 09:11, 11 August 2020
- Rav Shimon ben Tzemach Duran, known as Rashbesh for his name and Tashbetz for his Sefer, was a Talmid of R' Ephraim Vidal, who was a Talmid of the Ran. He fled Spain to Algeria because of an expulsion.
- The Kenesset HaGedolah recommends following the Tashbetz over the Rashba, as he came later. On the other hand, the Beit David advises following the Tashbetz over the Terumat HaDeshen, even though the latter was later and deserves much honor, because the Tashbetz was simply much greater.
- The Rashbet's son, Shlomo, known as the Rashbash wrote his own responsa, and he had two sons, Shimon and Tzemach, who are quoted here and there by the Beit Yosef.
- Shem HaGedolim (Gedolim, Shin 169). The Chida notes how some did not know that the Tashbetz and Rav Duran were the same person.
- Yad Malachi (Klalei Shear Mechabrim 29)
- Shu"t Beit David Yoreh Deah 133
- See the relevant Shem HaGedolim entries.
- Shem HaGedolim (Sefarim, Yud 29)