Template:Preparing Non-Laundered Clothing on Shabbat Chazon
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Ideally a person should prepare in advance of the nine days clothing that are not freshly laundered to be worn every day until and including Tisha BeAv. The way to prepare the clothing is to wear the clothing for an hour or two and then change it and put it aside until the nine days.
- If one didn't prepare enough non-laundered clothing, many hold that it is permitted to prepare one's clothing for the week on Shabbat Chazon by changing one's clothing a few times so that one has enough clothes to wear during the next week. Others disagree. Nonetheless, he shouldn't state that he is doing so to prepare for the next week; such a statement is a violation of hachana, preparing on Shabbat for afterwards.
- Kaf HaChayim on Shulchan Arukh, Orach Chayim 551:91, Betzel Hachachma 4:138
- Orchot Rabbenu (vol 2, p. 130) quoting the Steipler, Betzel Hachachma 4:138, Rav Hershel Schachter (Relevant Laws to the Nine Days)
- Kaf HaChayim on Shulchan Arukh, Orach Chayim 551:91 citing Ben Ish Chai Devarim n. 6 holds that one may not prepare several garments on Shabbat to be considered pre-worn. Rather one can switch one's clothing one's to freshly laundered clothing for Shabbat.
- Betzel Hachachma 4:138