This is the approved revision of this page, as well as being the most recent.
- The Ritva's primary teacher was the Ra'ah, but he studied under the Rashba, as well. As such, the term "Rabbeinu" in the Ritva refers to the Ra'ah.
- In addition to his Chiddushim, the Ritva wrote a commentary to the Rambam's Hilchot Berachot, printed in the back of the Mossad HaRav Kook volume on Berachot. He also wrote "Sefer HaZikaron" defending the Rambam's Sefer HaMitzvot from the attacks of the Ramban in the latter's commentary on the Torah.
- There were many ediitons to the Ritva's Sefarim.
- Chiddushei HaRitva on Berachot was identified as his work only recently.
- Chiddushei HaRitva on Pesachim was mistakenly attributed to the Nimukei Yosef for some time and is unfortunately only fragments of his commentary that were gathered by somebody else. Hence, it refers to the Ritva as 'רי"ט' in middle of the commentary.
- Yad Malachi (Klalei HaRitva 9), Shem HaGedolim (Gedolim, Aleph 132, Yud 89)
- Introduction to Mossad HaRav Kook edition of Pesachim.
- Shem HaGedolim (Sefarim, Zayin 19)
- Shem HaGedolim (Gedolim, Yud 89)
- See introduction to the Mossaf HaRav Kook edition.
- See introduction to Mossad HaRav Kook edition.