Saying a Half Pasuk
This is the approved revision of this page, as well as being the most recent.Jump to navigation Jump to search
- In general it is forbidden to say half a pasuk.
- For this reason if a person learns a whole pasuk while learning he should say Hashem's name as it is read when he's reading the Torah so as not to break up the pasuk.
- It is permitted to say the 13 middot harachamim and conclude with the words v'nakeh since one's intent is as a request from Hashem and not in a way of reading pesukim, even if it is said by an individual.
Saying Hashem's Name while Learning
- It is permitted to say Hashem's name while learning as long as it isn't in the form of a bracha. 
- Megillah 22a, Taanit 27b
- Igrot Moshe OC 2:56 cited by Daf Al Hadaf Brachot 22a. See Shelat Yaavetz 81.
- Yalkut Yosef 131:17
- Rav Avraham Yosef